i’m so happy today. my dear friends had a beautiful, healthy baby girl a couple of days ago. something (so special) about babies…they remind us of the miracle of life, the power of love, the excitement of new beginnings, and the importance of family. besides, they smell like heaven, don’t they? i know, by now you’re wondering where i’m going with this….well, i just had to share the good news-and…this salad was born on the eve of little girlie’s birthday-so the Gina salad it is! it is deliciously fresh and new, filling, and really easy to make. i’m pretty sure it’s good for you as well. give it a try if you will~let’s make Gina famous!
ingredients for 4-6 servings:
- 3/4 cup wild rice
- 12-14 brussels sprouts, cut in half, then thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely cubed ripe tomatoes (about 2-3 medium tomatoes)
- small bunch flat leaf parsley, finely minced
- 1 lemon, freshly squeezed (about 3 tbs)
- 2-3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
1. cook the wild rice in boiling water until tender and allow it to cool completely.
2. in a bowl, combine the finely shredded brussels sprouts, cold cooked rice, tomatoes, and parsley.
3. whisk together olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt & pepper. pour over salad before serving and toss well. taste and adjust salt & pepper, lemon juice.
4. enjoy. easy enough?
(Visited 56 times, 1 visits today)