it’s been one of those busy days where you have no time to even think about (or pick up) dinner- then you get home, and everyone’s hungry…
- 2 ripe large tomatoes, quickly chopped
- 2 tbs or so homemade pesto sauce (from a few nights ago)-see recipe
- or, 2 tbs arugula-hazelnut pesto-see recipe
- about 2 cups dry penne rigate (or whole wheat / brown rice penne)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- a touch of sea salt & cracked pepper
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- 20 minutes (as long as you have ready made pesto in your refrigerator- which you really should)
you’ve got dinner!
cook pasta al dente per package instructions in salted boiling water. mix pesto in a bowl with tomatoes and olive oil and add a teaspoon or two of the water from the cooking pasta. add cooked pasta to sauce, enjoy….simple as that!
(Visited 36 times, 1 visits today)