|lemon zest, lemon, dijon mustard, sea salt, pepper, bread crumbs|
|minette’s breaded chicken!|
- 4 organic chicken breasts, sliced (horizontally) in half (see picture to the right)
- 1 lemon (using zest and juice)
- 1 tbs dijon mustard
- 2 organic eggs
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups home made or good quality
- 2 cups (or so) bread crumbs, almond meal, or 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (or combination)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (safflower or olive) for frying
eggs, mustard, 1/2 of the lemon, juiced, plus the zest (use microplane grater) of the whole lemon, salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste. let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes-
|chicken in egg mixture ready to be “coated”|
2. pour the choice of coating (here i’m using bread crumbs) in a plate and coat the chicken by laying each side on the crumbs and pressing gently down on all the areas of the chicken (flattening it by hand as you coat). the coated chicken can be stored in the refrigerator for frying later or fried right away (continued below)….
|“coated” chicken ready to be fried|
3. fry the coated chicken in heated vegetable oil on medium for about (time varies based on thickness-make sure chicken is thoroughly cooked) 3-5 minutes per side until golden brown. serve with a salad like this fennel and radish salad with tarragon on the side, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice (plus more dijon mustard) on top. voila!